Friday, May 9, 2008

The "First Night" Dress





I couple of weekends ago I went to one of my favourite markets in Gtown (Geelong) - I mainly love going to people watch. Mullets, front bums, women wearing scrunched socks and tights - (which ironically is probably going to be back on the catwalks - ewww) and there is always some major cameltoe getting around. Its always a good morning out! Anyway, I was trawling through a rack of this old ladies clothes when I found this totally rad nighty. I got it for $5 and it was amazingly intricate in the most vibrant red colour. The thing is, as I was looking at it, imagining all of the things I could do to massacre this frilly nighty the old woman gave me the history on my purchase. It is a Lebanese "First Night Dress". I'll let you imagine that one. But needeless to say I gave it a damn good washing before I could start redesigning it!


So heres a photo of it after I had attacked it with my sewing machine to wear out. I will try to track down my before shots.


Dress: Customised nighty from markets
Shoes: Urban Soul
Leather Bangle: Mogil
Leather Necklace: Sportsgirl
Leather bag: Vintage

No comments: