Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Electric Lady Land





I have always had a thing against wearing animal print clothing - I've seen too many crusty old ladies whilst I was growing up on the Gold Coast, who strutted their stuff wearing full on leopard print. They always had heaps of gold jewellry dripping off their ears, necks and wrists and hot pink lipstick smeared across their trout pouts, as well as the obligatory peroxide hair and orange fantasy tan. Niii-ce!
So, when I first saw this leopard print top, in the raddest vintage store I was a little hesitant. I felt a bit hipocrytical because I actually really really liked it - lots. It reminded me of the 1950's rockabilly chick who was all about Betty Page, Hot Rods, Ed Roth, Polka dots and platforms. So I bought it and here it is. I think it will be alright as long as I don't get any fantasy tans!

Top: Vintage Leopard Print
Cardigan: Thrifted
Jeans: Grab Denim
Ballet Flats: Target
Bag: Roxy
Hat: OS sample
Bracelets: Gift from my friend, Jill.

No comments: