Monday, June 9, 2008

Raider Of My Mum's Wardrobe







One of my major pet hates is looking through old photo albums of my mother's and checking out all of these rad outfits shes worn 'back in the day' that I desperately hope that she has kept and magically stuffed waaaay up the back of her cupboard. Most of the time my chances are pretty slim, however some of my favourite clothes have been snavelled from her treasure chest of a closet. After seeing the latest Just Cavalli Campaign and the tidal wave of Tie Dye that is taking over the fashion world again, I happened to remember this silk tye dyed mu-mu (is that how you spell the homer simpson esque dress) that my mum once had. Luckily she had kept it!!!!!!
I spent one long night cutting, strapping and stitching and voila! Here it is in all of it's hacked to death glory. Nothing better than bring back something with family history and revitalising it all over again.



Dress: Raided from my mum's closet
Belt: Lee Denim
Shoes: Urban Soul
Earrings: Sportsgirl
Clutch: My Mums

No comments: